Code of Conduct
Sentinel North is committed to maintaining a safe, welcoming, and trusted environment capable of supporting meaningful community dialogue and the professional exchange of information and ideas. To help promote these conditions, all participants and affiliated people relating to Sentinel North conferences, events and activities, including those sponsored by other organizations, are expected to adhere to this Code of Conduct. Any form of harassment will not be tolerated, and every participant is expected to conduct themselves in a professional, respectful, and responsible manner at all times.
- Treat all conference participants with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward others.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Respect the scheduling, the indications from the session chairs, moderators, mentors or speakers.
- Respect the rules and policies of the event venue, hotels, or any other venue.
Unacceptable behaviors from all participants include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Harassment and intimidation, including any verbal, written (including via texts or on social media), or physical conduct designed to threaten, intimidate, humiliate, or coerce another participant.
- Discrimination or other actions based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, age, socioeconomic status, or belief.
- Disruption of talks at oral or poster sessions or at other events.
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including but not limited to sexualized comments or jokes, displaying sexually explicit material, inappropriate touching, groping, or sexual advances.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- Sentinel North staff (or their designee) or Security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund.
- Sentinel North reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately notify a Sentinel North staff member on site or by emailing your concern to email@example.com.
- Anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety is advised to contact 911 or local security.
Policy on the management of respiratory infectious diseases
In conformity with Université Laval's policy on the management of infectious respiratory diseases, we would like to remind you of the best practices to adopt during the event. Be mindful of symptoms of infectious respiratory diseases such as fever, cough, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, runny nose and nasal congestion. Exclusion from the premises is no longer mandatory. However, you must wear a mask at all times while on the premises, until symptoms disappear.